DeWalt are among the best hammers you will find for any DIY jobs you have. Whatever your requirements, you can choose from the best DeWalt claw hammers with our top ranked.
DeWalt hammers are one of the most popular claw hammers on the market with a number of different models and designs that are each suitable for a variety of tasks from hammering nails, removing nails or construction.
The DeWalt brand of hammer is perfect for use DIY installation and home improvement jobs, for putting furniture together, putting up picture frames or for smashing walls down in demolition projects.
All models are made from high-quality hardened steel, features a contoured head that provides even more stability when striking an object and have a comfortable grip.
The rubber grip ensures a comfortable hold, making it easy to stay focused and deliver consistent blows on property renovations.
Are you looking for one of the best DeWalt claw hammers? Our top performers are below.
10 Best DeWalt Claw Hammers
- DeWalt 16-Oz 1PC Steel Rip Claw Hammer
- DeWalt 16-Oz 1PC Steel Curve Claw Hammer
- DeWalt 20-Oz Rip Claw Hammer
- DeWalt ToughSeries 22-Oz Demo Hammer
- DeWalt 22-Oz Smooth Framing Hammer
- DeWalt 22-Oz 1PC Steel Hammer Smooth
- DeWalt 21-Oz Fiberglass Framing Hammer
- DeWalt 20-Oz 1PC Bricklayer Hammer
- DeWalt 28-Oz 1PC Steel Hammer
- DeWalt MIG Weld Nailing Hammer, 12-Oz
RELATED: Top Rated Estwing Hammers
RELATED: Best Stanley Hammers
How to Use a Claw Hammer
If you are looking for a hammer that can help you do your job better, a claw hammer should be your first choice.
They are versatile and durable tools that can help you do tasks like prying, breaking and striking hard objects.
- To get started, find a sturdy piece of wood or metal to work on.
- Grip the claw end of the hammer in your left hand and hold it close to the object you want to strike.
- With your right hand (or left if you are left-handed), give the handle a quick shake so that the nails fall out of their sheaths.
- Now hit the nail with all your power! The hammer will quickly break it off at the head.
RELATED: Should I start a DIY Project?
Best Claw Hammers for Light Use
There are many different types of nails, and each requires a different type of hammer. For nails that are less than 2 inches in length, a claw hammer is the best option.
Claw hammers are designed to grip the nail tightly, making it easier to drive it into the wood. They are also lightweight, making them easy to use.
For nails that are two inches or longer, a standard hammer is more appropriate. Standard hammers have a wider head and are designed to hit the nail squarely on top. They are also heavier, making them more difficult to use but also more effective.
Best All-Purpose Claw Hammers
The different types of nails used in construction and home repair require different types of hammers. The best all-purpose claw hammer for most people is a square or offset-handle model.
These hammers have more striking power than round-handled hammers, are easier to control, and are less likely to damage the nail because they spread the impact over a greater area.
Best Heavy-Duty Claw Hammers
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty claw hammer, you’ll want to consider purchasing one that’s made from steel.
All of the hammers on this list are steel products and should be on your radar – particularly the shortlisted 20oz version over the 16oz options.