Stanley are among the most affordable hammers you will find for DIY jobs. Whatever task is at hand, you can choose from the best Stanley claw hammers with our top ranked.
Stanley hammers are one of the best ranked claw hammers with a number of different models for every job from hanging pictures to demolishing walls or furniture.
The Stanley brand of hammer is perfect for use DIY installation and home renovation jobs.
All models are made from high-quality hardened steel, features a contoured head that provides even more stability when striking an object and have a comfortable grip.
The rubber grip ensures a comfortable hold, making it easy to stay focused and deliver consistent blows on property renovations.
Are you looking for one of the best Stanley claw hammers? Our top performers are below.
10 Best Stanley Claw Hammers
- Stanley Curved Fiberglass Hammer 16-Oz
- Stanley FatMax 20-Oz Nailing Hammer
- Stanley FatMax Xtreme AntiVibe Rip Claw Hammer 20-Oz
- Stanley FMHT51305 FatMax 14-Oz High Velocity Hammer
- Stanley 51-613 7-Oz Hickory Handle Nailing Hammer
- Stanley 51-713 13-Oz Hickory Handle Nailing Hammer
- Stanley FMHT1-51275 1FatMax XL AVX Curve Claw Hammer
- Stanley STHT0-51309 16-Oz Fiberglass Curved Claw Hammer
- Stanley 1-51-033 20-Oz SteelMaster Curved Claw Hammer
- Stanley 1-51-039 18-Oz SteelMaster Brick Hammer
RELATED: Top Rated Estwing Hammers
RELATED: Best DeWalt Hammers
How to Use a Claw Hammer
If you are looking for a hammer that can help you do your job better, a claw hammer should be your first choice.
They are versatile and durable tools that can help you do tasks like prying, breaking and striking hard objects.
- To get started, find a sturdy piece of wood or metal to work on.
- Grip the claw end of the hammer in your left hand and hold it close to the object you want to strike.
- With your right hand (or left if you are left-handed), give the handle a quick shake so that the nails fall out of their sheaths.
- Now hit the nail with all your power! The hammer will quickly break it off at the head.
RELATED: Should I start a DIY Project?
Best Claw Hammers for Light Use
There are many different types of nails, and each requires a different type of hammer. For nails that are less than two inches in length, a claw hammer is the best option.
Claw hammers are designed to grip the nail tightly, making it easier to drive it into the wood. They are also lightweight, making them easy to use.
For nails that are two inches or longer, a standard hammer is more appropriate. Standard hammers have a wider head and are designed to hit the nail squarely on top. They are also heavier, making them more difficult to use but also more effective.
Best All-Purpose Claw Hammers
The different types of nails used in construction and home repair require different types of hammers. The best all-purpose claw hammer for most people is a square or offset-handle model.
These hammers have more striking power than round-handled hammers, are easier to control, and are less likely to damage the nail because they spread the impact over a greater area.
Best Heavy-Duty Claw Hammers
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty claw hammer, you’ll want to consider purchasing one that’s made from steel.
All of the hammers on this list are steel products and should be on your radar – particularly the shortlisted 20oz version over the 16oz options.